1. The focus should be on creating positive relationships with all stakeholders. Encourage meetings with future teachers, parents and current teachers to develop a plan of transition.
2. Facilitate the child's development as a capable learner who is involved in the process of transition. Take the child to the new environment (not just once) so the child can become familiar with the changes that are occurring.
3. Develop long term transition plans with the intended schools in the neighborhood.
4. Involve a range of stakeholders in the process.
5. The transition should be well planned and evaluated taking into account any special circumstances or strategies the child may need in order to be succ…