Subscribe for FREE Resources

Subscribe for FREE Resources

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Friday, August 24, 2007

THE POWER OF A TEACHER

“I have come to a frightening conclusion. I am the decisive element in the classroom. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather.

As a teacher, I possess tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humour, hurt or heal.

In all situations it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escaped or de-escalated and a child humanized or de-humanized.”

Dr. Haim Ginott

No comments:

FIVE Tips to Maintain Classroom Sanity

The number one difficulty that teachers talk about is behavior in the classroom and the ability to teach when things get chaotic.  It is no ...