CLASS WIDE PEER TUTORING (CWPT)
The program is based on the following steps:
1. Dividing the class into two teams
2. Within each team - classmates form tutoring partners
3. Students take turns tutoring each other.
4. Tutors are provided with academic scripts. eg. Math problems with answers.
5. Praise and points are contingent upon correct answers.
6. Errors are corrected immediately with opportunity to practice to get the right answer.
7. Teacher monitors tutoring pairs and provides bonus points for pairs following procedures
8. Points are tallied by each individual student at the conclusion of the session.
Tutoring sessions usually last 20 minutes with 5 minutes to chart progress.
A web site to have a look at to get more of a full picture.....
A research article that had positive results with the program and some other proactive strategies. Worth having a look at:
School-based interventions for children and adolescents with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Enhancing academic and behavioural outcomes by George Dupaul & Lisa Weyandt