Being negative with our teachers is definitely not helpful. If you are a parent of a child in school, remember the teacher is there to help your child succeed. Your child may require a united front with the teacher not an aggressive approach with you against the teacher. And teachers, parents are there to be supportive of their child. Ask questions. Find out as much information you can about the environment, the relationship, the parent, and don't make assumptions or judgements. Working together requires both parties to come together and teach the child discipline and boundaries.
Another extremely important factor to consider is the number of students in the classroom who may need extra time and attention and the lack of resources. Teachers can only do so much with the resources they have. The expectation that the teacher is responsible for "everything" the child does and accomplishes may be a lofty expectation. Teaching over 25 students in a classroom requires the teacher to in some cases, plan and implement individual lessons and outcomes. This can be extremely hard to accomplish if there are not sufficient resources in place.
Teacher stress is not good for ANYONE. Help your teachers by providing them with support and compassion. This will go a long way in retaining our teachers who are exceptional at their job but starting to feel burned out because of the judgements and scrutiny. Teachers make sure that if you are feeling stressed that YOU do something about it. You sometimes can't change your environment but you can change your reaction to it. Do something different if it's not working for you.
1. Meditate or find an exercise class that you enjoy
2. Manage your marking and ask for assistance if you require it.
3. Change your reaction to challenging students and peers. You can't control them but you can control yourself.
4. Seek out professional services or a mental health advisor or counsellor
5. Keep your classroom free of chaos by organizing your desk and belongings.
6. Take a sick/personal day if you need it to re-energize.
7. Practice mindfulness
PUT YOUR OXYGEN MASK ON FIRST!!!!