Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Daily Stress and Journal Writing

Stress Journal 

Developed by Northwest Territories: Education and Culture


A stress journal can help you identify regular stressors in your life and the way you deal with them. Each time you feel stress, keep track of it in your journal. As you keep a daily log, you will begin to see patterns and common themes. 
Think of something that is stressing you out now. Here is an example.
             
What is the issue? 
Money is tight. By the end of the month I don’t have enough money for groceries and I can’t send my kids to school with lunch. Often I keep them out and we go to the Women’s Centre for lunch. That means I can’t go to school either.

How do you feel both physically and emotionally?
It makes me feel sick to my stomach that I can’t feed my children properly. I get very anxious and depressed. I also get worried that I will be kicked out of school.

How do you act in response to this stress?
I often get angry that I can’t support my family better. I sometimes yell at my kids or partner.

What can you do to make yourself feel better?
I need to talk to someone about this situation and see if I can get help from somewhere. I don’t have time to get a job as I am in school full-time and I can’t afford a babysitter for kids in the evenings and weekend. I just need a little extra help. I don’t want to yell at my kids anymore so I need to take deep breaths when I feel that anxiety creeping into my chest.

Your Turn!

 What is the issue? 
 
 
 
 How do you feel both physically and emotionally?
 
 
 
 
 How do you act in response to this stress?
 
 
 
 
 What can you do to make yourself feel better?
  




Did you know?

Daily journal writing is known to help with stress. It is a great technique for releasing stress and coming up with ideas to tackle problems you are facing in your life. 

No comments:

We have launched our ONLINE SCHOOL

One of the biggest issues that I hear about from teachers and caregivers is the behaviour of the children or youth in their school, program ...